Want to contribute to open source projects, but not sure where to start or what tools to use? Come to our two-day, beginner-friendly workshop: on Saturday, you’ll learn the basics, and on Sunday, we’ll mentor you through your first open source contribution.
Dates: Sat Apr 21, 10-4:30 PM, and Sun Apr 22, 10-4:30 PM.
In this 2 day workshop we’ll cover:
- what open source is: where it came from, what makes it important, and the many ways to contribute
- the life cycle of how bugs become patches
- using IRC to get help and talk to other project contributors
- how to create and submit a patch to a bug tracker for review
- how to check out code stored in a revision control system and apply patches to it
By the end of Saturday’s teaching day, and Sunday’s hands-on projects day, you will have experience with all of the common tools used to contribute to open source projects. You can read more here:
We have a limited number of spaces for the event, so you’ll need to RSVP.
To do that, answer a few questions about yourself here:
Looking forward to it!
P.S. If you’re interested in the workshop, but not sure it’s for you, feel free to send us an email and ask us: email@example.com